Blogmeter: a social media monitoring solution
Blogmeter is the first Italian company to have defined an analysis methodology, sustained by a unique technological platform, in order to collect consumer and market insights from social media and conversations taking places through them. The bWoMA (Blogmeter Word of Mouth Analysis) methodology is an interative process of listening, understanding and analyzing, that allows to measure the effectiveness of the company’s communication strategies, both from a qualitative and a quantitative perspective.
In detail the process comprises:
- a series of consulting activities, which identifies where people are talking about the brand or company online and defines the key analysis drivers,
- a proprietary platform that includes a proprietary crawler, constituted by software agents (or spiders) that acquire the contents from the monitored web sources and file them into a format with a normalized structure,
- a proprietary semantic analysis engine that provides an automatic retrieval of the sentiment of what is being said online.
The analysis phase is aimed, on the one hand, at identifying the relevant sources and analysis drivers, on the other hand, at setting up the platform for the automatic identification of those drivers.
The Word of Mouth Analysis methodology at the base of the Blogmeter platform, can be divided into three main phases:
- Listening: thanks to purpose-developed data acquisition systems, the Blogmeter platform detects and collects from the web all the potentially interesting data.
- Understanding: the proprietary semantic engine is used to structure and classify the conversations in accordance to the defined drivers.
- Analysis: through the analysis platform the user can surf the conversations in a structured way, aggregate the drivers in one or more dashboards, discover unforeseen trends in the concept clouds and drill down the data to read the messages inside their original context.
The process is summarized in the following chart, where each phase of the process is associated to the respective technologies.